Senior Living in 05262 (Shaftsbury, VT)
- 05262 scores the same as the Shaftsbury, VT average of 76.
- 05262 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05262 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Vermont Veterans\' Home, River\'s Edge Community Care Home, and Crescent Manor Rehabilitation.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Mt Anthony Country Club, Someday Golf Resort, and Mount Snow Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Woodford State Park)..
- There are 15 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Second Cong Church, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,753, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,399, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,678, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.98%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05262 has a very sparse population density of 33.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.93%.