Senior Living in 05301 (Brattleboro, VT)
- 05301 scores the same as the Brattleboro, VT average of 66.
- 05301 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05301 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Brattleboro Retreat).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Brattleboro Housing Partnerships, Thompson House Nursing Home, and Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Brattleboro Country Club, Crumpin-Fox Club, and Haystack Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Fort Dummer State Park, Hidden Acres Camping Resort, and Brattleboro North KOA.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Agape Christian Fellowship, Mattress Outlet, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,549, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,816, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,823, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05301 has a sparse population density of 112.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.05%.