Senior Living in 05350 (Readsboro, VT)
- 05350 scores the same as the Readsboro, VT average of 76.
- 05350 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05350 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (North Adams Regional Hospital and Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including North Adams Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Crescent Manor Rehabilitation, and Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Stamford Valley Golf Course, Sitzmark Lodge, and Haystack Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Monroe State Forest, Woodford State Park, and Natural Bridge State Park.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Whitingham Community Church, Our Lady of Fatima, and Congregation Beth Israel.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,230, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,792, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,971, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.83%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05350 has a very sparse population density of 21.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.94%.