Senior Living in 05354 (Vernon, VT)
- 05354 scores the same as the Vernon, VT average of 75.
- 05354 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05354 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Brattleboro Retreat).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Vernon ADvent Christian Home, Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Thompson House Nursing Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Crumpin-Fox Club, Oak Ridge Golf Club, and Northfield Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Fort Dummer State Park and Pisgah State Park).
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Seventh Day Adventist Church, Advent Christian Church, and United Church of Bernardston.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,933, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,396, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,684, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05354 has a sparse population density of 113.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.10%.