Senior Living in 05359 (West Townshend, VT)
- 05359 scores the same as the West Townshend, VT average of 71.
- 05359 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05359 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Grace Cottage Hospital and Grace Cottage Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Heins Home, Country Village Community Care Home, and Springfield Health and Rehab.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Stratton Mountain Country Club (Forest/Lake Course at Stratton Mountain Country Club), Tater Hill Golf Club, and Bellows Falls Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Townshend Dam Recreation Area)..
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Comm United Church of Christ, First Universalist Paris-unitarian Universalist, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,159, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,306, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,231, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05359 has a very sparse population density of 20.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.25%.