Senior Living in 05361 (Whitingham, VT)
- 05361 scores the same as the Whitingham, VT average of 63.
- 05361 scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05361 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (North Adams Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and Association For Community Living)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Sitzmark Lodge, Haystack Golf Club, and Haystack Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Abbotts Glen Clothing Optional Inn And Nudist Resort, Monroe State Forest, and Woodford State Park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Whitingham Community Church, Our Lady of Fatima, and Federated Church of Charlemont.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,649, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,179, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,070, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.05%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05361 has a very sparse population density of 31.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.10%.