Senior Living in 05362 (Williamsville, VT)
- 05362 scores the same as the Williamsville, VT average of 81.
- 05362 scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05362 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, Brattleboro Retreat, and Grace Cottage Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Heins Home, Brattleboro Housing Partnerships, and Thompson House Nursing Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Brattleboro Country Club, Someday Golf Resort, and Mount Snow Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Kenolie Village, Townshend Dam Recreation Area, and Brattleboro North KOA.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Newfane Congregational Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Christian Science Reading Room.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,835, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,917, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,164, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05362 has a very sparse population density of 47.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.45%.