Senior Living in 05363 (Wilmington, VT)
- 05363 scores the same as the Wilmington, VT average of 71.
- 05363 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05363 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Brattleboro Retreat).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Brattleboro Housing Partnerships, Heins Home, and Thompson House Nursing Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Haystack Golf Club, Sitzmark Lodge, and Haystack Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Abbotts Glen Clothing Optional Inn And Nudist Resort and Woodford State Park).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Fatima, Whitingham Community Church, and Newfane Congregational Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,433, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,697, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,259, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05363 has a very sparse population density of 31.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.73%.