Senior Living in 05401 (Burlington, VT)
- 05401 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Burlington, VT.
- 05401 scores lower than the Burlington, VT average of 69.
- 05401 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05401 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fletcher Allen Hospital Of Vermont).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including ST. JOSEPH’S RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME, Burlington Health and Rehab, and The Converse Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Burlington Country Club, Rocky Ridge Golf Club, and Marble Island Resort.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including North Beach Campground, Winooski Valley Park District, and Battery Park.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Friends-burlington Friends, Cathedral of the Immaculate, and Catholic Center at Uvm.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,946, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,480, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,070, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.77%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05401 has a dense population density of 4,758.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.88%.