Senior Living in 05403 (South Burlington, VT)
- 05403 scores the same as the South Burlington, VT average of 77.
- 05403 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05403 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fletcher Allen Hospital Of Vermont).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Pines Senior Living Community, Pillsbury Senior Communities, and Cathedral Square.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Vermont National Country Club, Burlington Country Club, and Rocky Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Resurrection Park, Centennial Woods Natural Area, and Red Rocks Park.
- There are 73 churches nearby, including Ascension Lutheran Church, St John Vianney Church, and Congregation of Temple Sinai.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,387, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,368, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,734, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.01%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05403 has an average population density of 1,072.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.57%.