Senior Living in 05405 (Burlington, VT)
- 05405 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Burlington, VT.
- 05405 scores lower than the Burlington, VT average of 69.
- 05405 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05405 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fletcher Allen Hospital Of Vermont).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Fern Hill, Burlington Health and Rehab, and ST. JOSEPH’S RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Burlington Country Club, Rocky Ridge Golf Club, and Vermont National Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Centennial Woods Natural Area, Battery Park, and Waterfront Park.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Vermont Ecumenical Council, St Stephen Church, and Our Lady of Providence.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has a per capita income of $8,288, which is in the top 99% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.66%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05405 has a very dense population density of 18,909.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.