Senior Living in 05445 (Charlotte, VT)
- 05445 scores the same as the Charlotte, VT average of 82.
- 05445 scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05445 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Wake Robin, The Terraces, and The Arbors of Shelburne.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Kwiniaska Golf Club, Cedar Knoll Country Club (South/North Course at Cedar Knoll Country Club), and Vermont National Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Mt. Philo State Park, Red Rocks Park, and Oakledge Park.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including Charlotte Congregational Chrch, Charlotte Congregational Chr, and Our Lady of Montana Carmel Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $140,425, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,389, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $53,628, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.87%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05445 has a very sparse population density of 91.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.75%.