Senior Living in 05458 (Grand Isle, VT)
- 05458 scores the same as the Grand Isle, VT average of 81.
- 05458 scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05458 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Clinton County Nursing Home, Evergreen Valley, and Victory Place.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Wilcox Cove Cottages & Golf, Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort, and Barracks Golf Course, The.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Grand Isle State Park, Cumberland Bay State Park, and Plattsburgh RV Park.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including St Rose of Lima Parsh, St Rose of Lima Parish, and Congregational United Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,144, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,714, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,136, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.84%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 05458 has a sparse population density of 124.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.35%.