Senior Living in 05463 (Isle La Motte, VT)
- 05463 scores the same as the Isle La Motte, VT average of 76.
- 05463 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05463 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadowbrook Healthcare, Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F, and Samuel F. Vilas Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Alburg Country Club, North Country Golf Club, and Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Monty\'s Bay Campsites, Burton Island State Park, and Plattsburgh RV Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Champlain Isl United Methodist, Amadeus Church, and Union Bible Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,582, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,250, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,185, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.96%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 05463 has a very sparse population density of 59.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.24%.