Senior Living in 05465 (Jericho, VT)
- 05465 scores the same as the Jericho, VT average of 78.
- 05465 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05465 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Williston Woods, Sterling House of Richmond, and Whitney Hill Homestead.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including West Bolton Golf Club, Essex Country Club, and Rocky Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Birds of Vermont Museum and Smugglers\' Notch State Park).
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Jericho Congregational Church, United Christian Assembly, and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,133, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,304, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,941, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.31%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05465 has a sparse population density of 123.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.12%.