Senior Living in 05474 (North Hero, VT)
- 05474 scores the same as the North Hero, VT average of 86.
- 05474 scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05474 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr, Northwestern Medical Center Inc, and Northwestern Medical Center.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Samuel F. Vilas Home, Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F, and Meadowbrook Healthcare.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Wilcox Cove Cottages & Golf, Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort, and Champlain Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Burton Island State Park, Monty\'s Bay Campsites, and Grand Isle State Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Champlain Isl United Methodist, St Rose of Lima Parsh, and First Assembly of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,727, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,670, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,061, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.34%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 05474 has a very sparse population density of 59.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.89%.