Senior Living in 05483 (Sheldon, VT)
- 05483 scores the same as the Sheldon, VT average of 73.
- 05483 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05483 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northwestern Medical Center Inc and Northwestern Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Saint Albans Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Redstone Villa, and Franklin County Rehab Center, LLC.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Champlain Country Club, Bakersfield Country Club, and Enosburg Falls Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Carmi State Park and Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including St Louis Church, Franklin United Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.37% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,556, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,778, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,399, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.83%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05483 has a very sparse population density of 64.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.09%.