Senior Living in 05487 (Starksboro, VT)
- 05487 scores the same as the Starksboro, VT average of 67.
- 05487 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05487 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Sterling House of Richmond, Valley View Apartments, and Squire House.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Knoll Country Club (South/North Course at Cedar Knoll Country Club), Sugarbush Golf Club, and Blush Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Camels Hump State Forest, Birds of Vermont Museum, and Mt. Philo State Park.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Starksboro Baptist Church Parsonage, Community Church of Hunti, and Bristol Christian Fellowship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,751, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,000, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,935, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.09%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05487 has a very sparse population density of 33.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.07%.