Senior Living in 05649 (East Barre, VT)
- 05649 scores the same as the East Barre, VT average of 76.
- 05649 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05649 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Central Vermont Medical Center and Central Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Lincoln House, Barre Housing Authority, and Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Barre, Montpelier Elks Country Club, and Bradford Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Seyon Ranch, Kettle Pond State Park, and Big Deer State Park Campground.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including First Ch of Christ Scientist, Church of Christ Montpelier, and First Baptist Church Barre.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,319, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,984, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,042, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.94%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05649 has a very sparse population density of 36.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.54%.