Senior Living in 05672 (Stowe, VT)
- 05672 scores the same as the Stowe, VT average of 75.
- 05672 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05672 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Copley Hospital and Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (The Manor and Squire House)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Stowe Country Club, Copley Golf Course, and Farms Resort Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Gold Brook Campground, Smugglers\' Notch State Park, and CC Putnam State Forest.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Grace Bible Church, National Guild of Decoupeurs, and Blessed Sacrament Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.34% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,407, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,031, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,363, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.81%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05672 has a very sparse population density of 59.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.05%.