Senior Living in 05676 (Waterbury, VT)
- 05676 scores the same as the Waterbury, VT average of 71.
- 05676 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05676 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Squire House, Sterling House of Richmond, and Westview Meadows at Montpelier.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Vermont, Blush Hill Country Club, and Country Club Of Vermont.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Little River State Park, Birds of Vermont Museum, and Camels Hump State Forest.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Moretown United Methodist Chr, Church of Crucified One, and Moretown United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,437, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,526, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,689, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.72%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05676 has a very sparse population density of 49.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.23%.