Senior Living in 05677 (Waterbury Center, VT)
- 05677 scores the same as the Waterbury Center, VT average of 75.
- 05677 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05677 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Squire House, Gary Home, and Heaton Woods.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Country Club Of Vermont, Country Club of Vermont, and Blush Hill Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Little River State Park, Gold Brook Campground, and CC Putnam State Forest.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Waterbury Center Community Chr, Living Hope Wesleyan Church, and St Andrew Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,594, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,286, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,254, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.45%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05677 has a sparse population density of 145.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.99%.