Senior Living in 05680 (Wolcott, VT)
- 05680 scores the same as the Wolcott, VT average of 67.
- 05680 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05680 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Copley Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (The Manor and Greensboro Nursing Home)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Copley Golf Course, Farms Resort Golf Club, and Farms Resort Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Elmore State Park, Highland Lodge, and CC Putnam State Forest.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Bound James, Caldwell C Michael Rev, and Church of Nazarene Parsnge.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.34% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,017, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,679, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,282, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.33%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05680 has a very sparse population density of 32.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.07%.