Senior Living in 05682 (Worcester, VT)
- 05682 scores the same as the Worcester, VT average of 79.
- 05682 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05682 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Copley Hospital and Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Gary Home, Heaton Woods, and Squire House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Country Club Of Vermont, Montpelier Elks Country Club, and Stowe Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including CC Putnam State Forest, Gold Brook Campground, and Little River State Park.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Worcester United Methodist Chr, Calais Woodbury United Church, and Living Hope Wesleyan Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,184, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,891, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,409, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.18%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05682 has a very sparse population density of 27.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.00%.