Senior Living in 05701 (Rutland, VT)
- 05701 scores the same as the Rutland, VT average of 67.
- 05701 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05701 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Rutland Housing Authority, The Pines at Rutland Center for Health and Rehabilitation , and Sunset Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Rutland Country Club, Green Mountain National Golf Course, and Killington Golf Resort.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Vermont State Fair and Gifford Woods State Park).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Grace Congregational United, Rutland Church of Nazarene, and Immaculate Heart of Mary Religious Education Office.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,752, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,859, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,479, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05701 has a sparse population density of 357.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.46%.