Senior Living in 05734 (Bridport, VT)
- 05734 scores the same as the Bridport, VT average of 77.
- 05734 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05734 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Porter Hospital, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Eastview at Middlebury, Helen Porter Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and The Residence at Otter Creek.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Basin Harbor Club, Ralph Myhre Golf Course, The, and Moriah Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (D.A.R. State Park and Rivers Bend Campground).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Bridport Congregational Church, Champlain Valley Christian, and Vergennes Congregational Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,528, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,172, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,453, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.97%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05734 has a very sparse population density of 29.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.37%.