Senior Living in 05751 (Killington, VT)
- 05751 scores the same as the Killington, VT average of 81.
- 05751 scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05751 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Mill Village Apartments, Rutland Housing Authority, and The Pines at Rutland Center for Health and Rehabilitation .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Green Mountain National Golf Course, Killington Golf Resort, and Rutland Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Gifford Woods State Park, Coolidge State Park, and Silver Lake State Park.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Church of Wildwood, Catholic Churches, and Grace Congregational United.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,869, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,750, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,365, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05751 has a very sparse population density of 17.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.58%.