Senior Living in 05753 (Middlebury, VT)
- 05753 scores the same as the Middlebury, VT average of 67.
- 05753 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05753 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Porter Hospital, Inc).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Eastview at Middlebury, Helen Porter Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and The Residence at Otter Creek.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Ralph Myhre Golf Course, The, Basin Harbor Club, and Neshobe Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Rivers Bend Campground, Lake Dunmore Kampersville, and Branbury State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Cornwall Congregational Church Ucc, Church of Wildwood, and Cornwall Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,213, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,245, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,989, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05753 has a sparse population density of 123.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.02%.