Senior Living in 05758 (Mount Holly, VT)
- 05758 scores the same as the Mount Holly, VT average of 70.
- 05758 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05758 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Gill Odd Fellows Home, Lenny Burke Farm, and Mill Village Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Okemo Valley Golf Club, Tater Hill Golf Club, and Killington Golf Resort.
- There are 2 parks nearby (White Rocks National Recreation Area and Coolidge State Park).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including United Church of Ludlow, Church of Annunciation, and Tyson Congregational Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,019, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,125, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,685, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.37%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05758 has a very sparse population density of 26.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.28%.