Senior Living in 05772 (Stockbridge, VT)
- 05772 scores the same as the Stockbridge, VT average of 79.
- 05772 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05772 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility, Mill Village Apartments, and Windover House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Killington Golf Resort, Green Mountain National Golf Course, and White River Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Gifford Woods State Park, Silver Lake State Park, and Green Mountain National Forest.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Faith Assembly of God, Federated Church of Rochester, and Bahai Faith.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,561, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,292, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,480, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.73%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05772 has a very sparse population density of 15.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.64%.