Senior Living in 05777 (West Rutland, VT)
- 05777 scores the same as the West Rutland, VT average of 75.
- 05777 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05777 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountain View Center Genesis Healthcare, The Pines at Rutland Center for Health and Rehabilitation , and Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Rutland Country Club, Lake St. Catherine Country Club, and Prospect Bay Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Vermont State Fair, White Rocks National Recreation Area, and Lake Saint Catherine State Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including St Stanislaus Kostkas Church, Catholic Churches In Rutland Area, and Green Mountain Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,256, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,917, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,424, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.61%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05777 has a very sparse population density of 70.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.80%.