Senior Living in 05821 (Barnet, VT)
- 05821 scores the same as the Barnet, VT average of 77.
- 05821 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05821 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital and Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including St Johnsbury House, Sunset Home, and Canterbury Inn.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Lisbon Village Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Sugar Ridge RV Village-Campground, Big Deer State Park Campground, and Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Presbyterian Church of Barnet, East Peacham Baptist Church, and Peacham Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,689, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,188, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,223, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.59%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05821 has a very sparse population density of 36.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.98%.