Senior Living in 05824 (Concord, VT)
- 05824 scores the same as the Concord, VT average of 74.
- 05824 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05824 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp, and Littleton Regional Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Loch Lomond, St. Johnsbury Health and Rehab, and Canterbury Inn.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Lisbon Village Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Crazy Horse Campground, Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain, and Littleton / Lisbon KOA.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Concord Community Church, Universalist Unitarian Church, and St John Evangelist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,024, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,750, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,730, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.20%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05824 has a very sparse population density of 22.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.40%.