Senior Living in 05826 (Craftsbury, VT)
- 05826 scores the same as the Craftsbury, VT average of 67.
- 05826 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05826 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Greensboro Nursing Home, The Manor, and Northern Kare Facilities - Union House Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Mountain View Country Club, Copley Golf Course, and Farms Resort Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Highland Lodge and Elmore State Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including East Craftsbury Presbyterian, Our Lady of Fatima, and Greensboro United Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,013, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,500, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,295, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.35%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05826 has a very sparse population density of 31.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.37%.