Senior Living in 05850 (Lyndon Center, VT)
- 05850 scores the same as the Lyndon Center, VT average of 68.
- 05850 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05850 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Northern Kare Facilities - The Pines Rehab and Health Center, Great-West Retirement Services, and St. Johnsbury Health and Rehab.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Mountain View Country Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Great Vermont Corn Maze, Kingdom Trails, and Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including First Congragational United, Lyndonville First Congregational Church, and Kingdom Hall-jehovah\'s Witnss.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has a median household income of $115,556, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,364, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05850 has an average population density of 570.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.