Senior Living in 05855 (Newport, VT)
- 05855 scores the same as the Newport, VT average of 60.
- 05855 scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05855 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (North Country Hospital And Health Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Bel-Aire Center, Newport Health Care Center, and Derby Green Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Newport Country Club, Orleans Country Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Prouty Beach & Campground and Tree Corners Family Campground).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Chuch of Nazarene, and Cornerstone Evangelical Free.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,622, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,137, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,552, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05855 has a sparse population density of 128.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.57%.