Senior Living in 05858 (North Concord, VT)
- 05858 scores the same as the North Concord, VT average of 67.
- 05858 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05858 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital and Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Loch Lomond, Great-West Retirement Services, and Northern Kare Facilities - The Pines Rehab and Health Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Barton Golf Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kingdom Trails and Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Concord Community Church, Lyndonville First Congregational Church, and First Congragational United.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,486, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,438, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,807, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.11%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05858 has a very sparse population density of 4.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.73%.