Senior Living in 05874 (Westfield, VT)
- 05874 scores the same as the Westfield, VT average of 66.
- 05874 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05874 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Scenic View Community Care Home, Our Lady of The Meadows, and Bel-Aire Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Richford Country Club, Bakersfield Country Club, and Enosburg Falls Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Jay State Forest, Tree Corners Family Campground, and Au Diable Vert.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Bendictine Monastery, Advent Christian Parsonage, and First Baptist Church Parsonage.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,953, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,422, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,643, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05874 has a very sparse population density of 13.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.02%.