Senior Living in 05903 (Canaan, VT)
- 05903 scores the same as the Canaan, VT average of 61.
- 05903 scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05903 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital and Upper Connecticut Vly Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Coos County Nursing Hospital and The Vandyke House)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Colebrook Country Club, Coashaukee Course at Balsams Grand Resort Hotel, The, and Orleans Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Notch View Inn & Campground and Rudy\'s Cabins and Campground LLC).
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Bloomfield United Methodist, Grace United Methodist Church, and Monadnock Congregational Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,444, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,472, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,043, which is in the top 81% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.86%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05903 has a very sparse population density of 13.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.79%.