Senior Living in 05904 (Gilman, VT)
- 05904 scores the same as the Gilman, VT average of 58.
- 05904 scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05904 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Morrison Nursing Home, Country Village Center, and Genesis Health Care Corporation.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Mountain View Golf Course, Bethlehem Country Club, and Maplewood Casino & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Mountain Lake Campground and Weeks State Park).
- There is 1 church nearby (Concord Community Church)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $28,482, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,703, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,061, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.17%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05904 has a sparse population density of 467.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.47%.