Senior Living in 05905 (Guildhall, VT)
- 05905 scores the same as the Guildhall, VT average of 59.
- 05905 scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05905 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Country Village Center and Genesis Health Care Corporation)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Colebrook Country Club, Coashaukee Course at Balsams Grand Resort Hotel, The, and Orleans Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge - Nulhegan Basin Division and Brighton State Park).
- There are 2 churches nearby (Faith Chapel Assembly of God and First Congregational Church).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,665, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,821, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,958, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.95%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 05905 has a very sparse population density of 4.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.56%.