Senior Living in 06002 (Bloomfield, CT)
- 06002 scores the same as the Bloomfield, CT average of 81.
- 06002 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06002 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Hebrew Home And Hospital Inc, St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, and Hartford Hospital.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including Alexandria Manor, Seabury Retirement Community, and Caleb Hitchcock Health Care Ce.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 256 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 82 golf courses nearby, including Blue Nines 2 & 3 Course at Tumble Brook Country Club, Wintonbury Hills Golf Course, and Gillette Ridge.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Penwood State Park, Talcott Mountain State Park, and Westmoor Park.
- There are 336 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Parish-Bloomfield, Old St Andrew\'s Episcopal Chr, and First Cathederal.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,726, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,065, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,504, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06002 has an average population density of 786.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.04%.