Senior Living in 06021 (Colebrook, CT)
- 06021 scores the same as the Colebrook, CT average of 74.
- 06021 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06021 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Beckley House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Green Woods Country Club, Eastwood Country Club, and Blandford Club, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sandisfield State Forest, Tolland State Forest, and Burr Pond State Park.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Immaculate Conception Church, Church of Christ Congregation, and Church of Christ Baptist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,649, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,438, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,124, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.26%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06021 has a very sparse population density of 55.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.81%.