Senior Living in 06024 (East Canaan, CT)
- 06024 scores the same as the East Canaan, CT average of 78.
- 06024 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06024 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fairview Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation, Beckley House, and Village at Geer Woods.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Hotchkiss School Golf Course, Green Woods Country Club, and Wyantenuck Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Mount Riga State Park, Sandisfield State Forest, and Mount Everett State Reservation.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Canaan United Methodist Church, Congregational Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,720, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,050, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,449, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.73%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06024 has a very sparse population density of 81.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.26%.