Senior Living in 06032 (Farmington, CT)
- 06032 scores the same as the Farmington, CT average of 82.
- 06032 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06032 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including John Dempsey Hospital, Hospital For Special Care, and Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The.
- There are 86 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Farmington, Arden Courts of Farmington, and Amberwoods of Farmington.
- There are 27 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 296 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Farmington, Westwoods Golf Club, and Green Course at Tunxis Plantation Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Westmoor Park, Talcott Mountain State Park, and Elizabeth Park Conservancy.
- There are 224 churches nearby, including First Church of Christ, Our Lady of Calvary Retreat, and St James Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $130,814, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,546, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,319, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.63%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06032 has an average population density of 774.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.62%.