Senior Living in 06037 (Berlin, CT)
- 06037 scores the same as the Berlin, CT average of 83.
- 06037 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06037 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in the area, including Ledgecrest Health Care, Andrew House, and Worthington Manor.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 247 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Shuttle Meadow Country Club, Timberlin Golf Club, and Pistol Creek Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Wadsworth falls State Park. and Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum).
- There are 129 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Church, Prince-Peace Lutheran Church, and Kensington Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,369, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,202, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,921, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.20%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06037 has an average population density of 730.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.34%.