Senior Living in 06042 (Manchester, CT)
- 06042 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Manchester, CT.
- 06042 scores higher than the Manchester, CT average of 71.
- 06042 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06042 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including White Oaks, Crestfield Rehabilitation Center and Fenwood Manor, and Green Lodge of Manc.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Manchester Country Club, Topstone Golf Course, and Connecticut Golf Land.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Wickham Park and Wickham Park).
- There are 70 churches nearby, including St Bridget Church, Church of Christ, and Church of the Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,369, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,373, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,397, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.71%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06042 has a dense population density of 2,198.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.61%.