Senior Living in 06043 (Bolton, CT)
- 06043 scores the same as the Bolton, CT average of 82.
- 06043 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06043 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Green Lodge of Manc, Crestfield Rehabilitation Center and Fenwood Manor, and Holiday Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Manchester Country Club, Anderson\'s Glen Course at Blackledge Country Club, and Connecticut Golf Land.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Gay City State Park, Wickham Park, and Wickham Park.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Bolton Congregational Church, Bolton Interface Housing Corp, and Ericson Charles H.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,587, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,348, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,454, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06043 has a sparse population density of 346.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.63%.