Senior Living in 06051 (New Britain, CT)
- 06051 has a SeniorScore® of 59, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in New Britain, CT.
- 06051 scores lower than the New Britain, CT average of 65.
- 06051 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06051 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hospital For Special Care, Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, and Cedarcrest Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Walnut Hill Care Center, Park Hill Manor, and Andrew House.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Blue/Red Course at Stanley Municipal Golf Course, Indian Hill Country Club, and Timberlin Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including St Ann\'s Church, Saint James Baptist Church, and South Congregational Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,262, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,821, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,629, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.46%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06051 has a dense population density of 7,454.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.58%.