Senior Living in 06052 (New Britain, CT)
- 06052 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the highest of any zip code in New Britain, CT.
- 06052 scores significantly higher than the New Britain, CT average of 65.
- 06052 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06052 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, Hospital For Special Care, and Cedarcrest Hospital.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in the area, including Jerome Home, Park Hill Manor, and Andrew House.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 149 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Blue/Red Course at Stanley Municipal Golf Course, Shuttle Meadow Country Club, and Timberlin Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including St Maurice Rc Church, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,354, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,545, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,796, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.29%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06052 has a dense population density of 3,080.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.22%.